Thursday, December 3, 2009

Smalltown Monthly magazine

As I was finishing the mural, I was approached by 2 men who were having lunch at Shipley's... they write for a magazine called Smalltown Monthly. They were so excited about the mural, and asked if they could do a story on me for their December issue. I went in and they bought me cheese fries and asked me questions all about my life, my art, and the project!

The magazine is based in Seymour IN, and is available all over this area, I think mostly in IN and KY, but it's sent all over the country to subscribers. It's a pretty interesting read - full of cute pet stories, redneck jokes, a Dr. Love article... and the whole back page is "reserved for Jesus." Pure Southern Indiana culture. I ended up getting a whole 2 page full-color spread!

You can read it online at this link:

http://smalltownmonthly.net/magazine.html

This will take you to the online version of the whole issue, and I'm on page 52!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great article!! Did you get a copy of the actual magazine? I love the words the author used..."flipped out, sparkled, gleamed, up and coming artist." Way to go, T!

    ReplyDelete