Friday, November 6, 2009

Finishing and Finished

The mural is done. Here are photos of the mural as it was being finished, and final documentation!
John Roberts Painting squad, filling in dark brown over the deadly satellite dish:
Motorcycle spectators marvel at their courage:
John and his team, and me, under the scene he sponsored (Lydia Middleton Elementary School):
After Chewbacca the Scissor Lift (my name for it because of its loud cries that echoed across the Ohio River Valley every time I asked it to move) was taken back to TNT, Peter let me use his cherrypicker ladder to finish the bottom sections!
Friend Robert came by every day during the last few weeks to keep me company by practicing his stand-up comedy routine on me, pick on me for all the paint I continued to drip and spill, and help me pack up at the end of the day:
Friends Joel and Ian, hangin out on the lift:
Excited to be mixing paint!
The finished product.... Shipley's had the front of their building repainted to match my palette, and since this photo, the Courier had the whole parking lot repaved!
The result of 2 years of talking; 1 year of intensive fundraising, designing, planning, and coordinating; 4 months of actual mural-painting:

"The West St. Mural at Shipley's Tavern, a Madison Landmark since 1867"

My signature emerging from behind the dish: "Artist, Tiffany M. Black, 2009"

5 comments:

  1. WHOOO HOOO! The mural looks amazing. Can't wait to see it in person. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Tiff! I'm so very impressed!
    Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! This looks amazing. I hope to see it in person. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiffany! It is so beautiful! I cannot wait to see it when I get back in December!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiff, it's amazing. Totally amazing :)

    ReplyDelete