Saturday, June 27, 2009

Grids and Guessing Games


June 21st was the first day I started painting on the wall. The first step was to measure and sketch a grid made up of 4 ft x 4ft sections. On my sketch for the mural, I had laid out a 1 in x 1 in grid, so this helped me enlarge the drawing onto the wall.
Friends came to help:
They helped me measure out each grid square (Annie):
Figure out how the heck to work the scissor lift (Isaac):
And of course keep hydrated (Erin):


The lift goes 32 feet high:


I had to re-measure the drawing because of the windows:
First stroke of color!





At this point, passers-by were shocked and confused by the painting, asking what I was doing and what the heck this was a painting of.... is it abstract art? Is it a rope, a chain, a big pretzel, a dragon, the large intestine? I just told them to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment